TO THE CAMPAIGN FOR EVANSTON’S FUTURE
THIS CAMPAIGN IS DEDICATED IN Loving MEMORY OF SHARON Eckershall, the last elected Evanston Township Assessor
||Sharon S. Eckersall, Age 69, left us on September 11, 2013. Life-long resident of Evanston, she was a real estate agent at Coldwell Banker and a licensed appraiser. She was a fighter for keeping low property tax. She was scheduled to take office as Evanston Tax Assessor, January 2014. If she were alive, Sharon would have definitely joined our campaign.
“I’m running for Mayor to make Evanston affordable, diverse, and inclusive. I pledge to fight to keep lifelong Evanstonians in Evanston. I have a strong commitment to protecting seniors from the physical and financial abuse, keeping the youth off the street, improving police-community relations, as well as putting a stop to discrimination against minorities, particularly against African-American, Latino, Muslim and LGBTQ residents. I’m also embracing the Black Lives Matter movement, and vowing to uphold the Evanston’s Sanctuary City Status by protecting undocumented immigrants from Trump’s horrific policy of mass deportation plan. I also vow to join those who challenge the recreation of Muslim registry. If my views share yours, I’m counting on your support on February 28, 2017.” - Gary Gaspard
GARY FIGHTS FOR PRESSING ISSUES
COMMITTED TO CHANGING LIVES
AS MAYOR, GARY’S COMMITMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Protecting Seniors
- Protecting People with Disabilities
- Protecting Undocumented Immigrants
- Economic/Workforce Development
- No to Privatizing Public Spaces
- Keeping Property Tax Low
- Coping with Mental Health, PTSD, and drug addiction in the family
- Affordable Housing for Low-income Families and Seniors
- Improving Police-Community Relations
- Youth Violence Prevention
- Black Lives Matter
- Fighting Drugs & Gangs
ENSURING DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
- Putting a stop to discrimination against minorities, especially against African-American, Latino residents and others
- Making Evanston a safer place for LGBTQ community:
- Fighting the physical and financial abuse of seniors by encouraging local law enforcement to consistently take advance training to recognize and investigate abuse as part of the Elderly Service Officer Program directed by the Illinois Attorney General’s office.
PROTECTING PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
- Protecting the rights of people with disabilities by enforcing the Americans with Disabilities Act
UPHOLDING EVANSTON’S SANCTUARY CITY STATUS:
- Protecting undocumented immigrants from Trump's horrific immigration policy of mass deportation, as well as the registry of Muslim citizens and immigrants.
IMPROVING POLICE-COMMUNITY RELATOINS:
- Pledging to strengthen community relations with police by encouraging the community and law enforcement to work together to develop solutions based on a comprehensive approach to drugs and gangs that solicits the community's cooperation and support.
YOUTH VIOLENCE PROVENTION:
Together, we can prevent youth violence by:
- Tuning in: Hear directly from youth at an Annual Youth Listening Summit
- Taking action: Expand the summer youth employment program to offer year-round opportunities
- Building trust: Offer mentoring opportunities between law enforcement and youth
NO TO PRIVATIZING PUBLIC SPACES:
- Because of the affects to public employees, transparency, and service accessibility to all citizens after privatization, Gary is against privatizing public spaces.
|CLICK HERE FOR CAMPAIGN'S PLATFORM IN SPANISH